SAM Setup Instructions
Written by nevena
Created: 28 June 2007
Last Updated: 13 October 2007
See also: Setting up a SpacialNet Account
User Guide: Running a Show
Install and Crack the Program
- Download the program. It can be accessed at http://www.mediafire.com/?739x4vimvjj. If the link has expired, contact one of the GKOL Admins.
- Extract all the files somewhere accessible (i.e., your desktop or somewhere that you'll remember).
- Double-click on the file titled, "SAM Broadcaster FireBird v4.2.2" (NOT THE "CRACK" VERSION!!).
- Install the software.
- When it asks for the database, leave the option at "FireBird" clicked. When it asks which settings of FireBird you want, you want "DEFAULT".
- Click "Next" for the next couple of steps.
- When the software is done installing, it will give the option of opening the software. Unclick the button so it doesn't open the software. Click on "Finish".
- Make sure SAM is not open. You can tell by looking in your taskbar, and seeing if the SAM logo is in it (see side picture). If it is, right click on the SAM logo in the taskbar, and go to "Exit".
- Now, double-click on the file titled, "SAM Broadcaster Firebird v4.2.2 (CRACK)".
- Click on "PATCH" in the lower-right corner.
- When you do this, it will say that it cannot find the file. Click "Yes" to search for the program.
- The default location of SAM is C:\Program Files\SpacialAudio\SAMBC\SAMBC.exe. Click on "Open", and then "Patch". When the program says that the program has been patched, this means that the program now is "registered". Sneaky, right? Now that the patch is complete, go ahead and open the SAM software.
- You will need to go to the configuration page. You can get there in one of two ways: (a) Click on the button, "Config" (see picture below) (b) Click on "File" >> "Config".
- You should get a screen like the one below. You will need to sign up to be a SpacialNet member by click on the "Sign up for FREE now!" in that page. Fill out the page. If you need help setting it up, see the help-file entitled "HOW TO SET UP A SPACIALNET NEW MEMBER" or visit our tutorial.
- Insert your new username and password in the appropriate boxes.
- Click on "OK" at the bottom.
- Go to "File" (upper right) >> "Save Configuration"
- You don't have to, but if you want to be sure your computer remembers your SpacialNet ID, you can completely close SAM down by going to "File" >> "Exit". You should NOT see the SAM logo in your taskbar. It may take a little while for SAM to completely close down--this is normal!
- Reopen SAM so it knows your SpacialNet member details.
- Go back to "Config".
- Click on the right side to "Station Details". You should get a screen something like the image below.
- Under "Short Name", use the drop-down menu and find your short-named GKOL station that you created on the SpacialNet Member page. Click on that.
- Enter the name of your show under "Name".
- Enter the GKOL website (http://www.radiogkol.com) under "website".
- Enter your DJ e-mail address under "E-mail".
- Enter your KoL username for "AIM"--not your actual AIM screenname (like I stupidly did here).
- Go to "Statistic Relays" on the right side. You should get a screen like the picture to below (minus the actual servers).
- Click on the plus-sign to add the server information.
- You should get a screen much like the photo below.
- Click on the radio button for "Shoutcast Statistic Relay" and then click on "OK".
- You should get a screen much like the one below.
- Enter the following information for the host and port information:
64K: 126.96.36.199, port 7514
24K: 188.8.131.52, port 7516
The password will be given to you by your trainer. Pick any colour for the graph as you wish. Make sure "Private statistic relay" is checked.
- Repeat the steps for the 24K server. When complete, your screen should look very much like the one below.
- Go to "Audio mixer pipeline".
- Change the "Voice FX" pulldown menu (the only one in this page) to "Encoders", then click on "OK".
- Go to "File" >> "Save Configuation".
Setting Up the Encoders
- Go to Desktop B. In the "Encoders" box, click on the plus sign. You will get a box that looks like the one below.
- Click on the radio button for "MP3 (Normal)", then click "OK".
- Stay under the "Converter" tab. Change "Format" to "64kb/s, 44.1kHz, Mono". Your screen should now look like the one below.
- Go to the "Server Details" tab and make sure the "Server Type" is "ShoutCast" (it's normally defaulted to ShoutCast. If not, change it).
- Enter 184.108.40.206 for the "Server IP". This will be the same for the 64K and 24K streams.
- Enter 7514 for "Server Port" if you're setting up the 64K. If not, enter 7516 for the 24K.
- Enter the password that your trainer has supplied.
- Enter your station details.
"Station name" is the name of your show.
"Genre" is also the name of your show.
"Website URL" is http://www.radiogkol.com
"AIM" is your KoL username--not your actual AIM screenname.
UNCHECK "List on public station listing (recommended)".
"Enable title streaming" should automatically be checked. If not, check
- Click on "OK". Your settings should look something like the picture below. Repeat the steps for both servers, except that for the 24K stream, you will be using the format of 24Kbps, 22.1Khz, Mono.
- When you're all done, click on "File" >> "Save Configuration". Your "Encoders" box should look like the picture below.
- You're done! Now go and DJ!